Been a While
I’d like to preface this post by apologizing to the dozen or so people who are actually following along (yes, I have analytics and yes, I know who you are, thanks) for being radio silent all this time. Life got the better of me and it’s been quite the bumpy ride - been gone for a minute, now I’m back with the jump off!
So I figured I’d at least write a blog post to publicly shame myself into crawling out of the rabbit hole that has been 2020.
A <ul> of 2020 life impressions
- I’ve been mostly self isolating, and it started getting very annoying
- we’ve been having anti government protests for 3 months
- went to Prague for a business trip - great coffee and beer, food doesn’t impress me
- Biden won
- I lost 18 kilos
- way behind my yearly reading challenge (5/20)
- got a new job
- bought a few pieces of exotic hardwood, but need to resaw them
- got some high end Italian leather I’m currently working with (sneak peek for dessert)
- therapy is way less awkward than expected
- Covid is still a thing
- there’s a definite correlation between lockdowns and the state of my credit card statements
My absence has been one part maker’s block and another part just being awfully busy lately. With so little time to spare, there’s been barely any new projects seeing the light of day. Successful ones worth mentioning, that is.
I’ve been throwing new ideas into my scrap book every week or two, but they’d have to wait for a better time. Winter is generally a very low season for me, and with Covid getting much worse, it’s progressively harder to keep my tools sharp and spirit high.
A new job
On a far more positive note, I started a new job 6 months ago! It’s funny how we were going though meetings and interviews right in the middle of the pandemic and things just kind of happened very quickly.
Productboard in a nutshell:
- super fast paced startup action
- no bullshit, no drama work environment
- emailless (amen!)
- amazing team of highly experienced colleagues
- doing IT for a business centric company is an interesting combination
Over and out
Sorry this post has been such a brain fart. Here, have a consolation prize:
Just finished the first one of the bunch and have to say it came out much better than I expected. This is by far one of my most involving projects, and definitely most over engineered. I’ll tell you more about it in another post.
Until next time and stay safe!